Here’s how to make chocolate cannabis peanut butter balls – yes that’s right – start drooling.
For anyone who doesn’t have a lot of experience in the kitchen, is it possible to whip together a delicious cannabis-infused treat? If you are all thumbs and no culinary, cannabis peanut butter balls might be your solution. With simple ingredients (literally only four), you’ll quickly have a batch of cannabis chocolate peanut butter balls ready for serving.
Unlike the peanut butter balls of your childhood, these will contain a little dose of cannabis for your enjoyment, thanks to the incorporation of cannabis coconut oil. As a medicinal edible, each peanut butter ball tends to work out into a perfect serving size. For the recreational consumer, each ball is a pleasant small to medium-sized dose. Each is a perfectly sized portion for easy, on the go dosing.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls
Chocolate peanut butter balls are secretly everyone’s favorite treat come the holidays. So why not infuse them with a delicious dose of medicine? With minimal kitchen equipment and no baking skills, peanut butter balls make for a quick and simple infused treat.
Even if you’ve never baked with cannabis before, peanut butter balls are an effortless first try. Although you may have heard that cooking is an art form and baking is a science, these coconut-infused balls require no scientific formula to achieve greatness.
It’s hard to mess up a four-ingredient, no-bake, recipe.
- 2 cups of peanut butter
- ½ cup of cannabis coconut oil (*recipe below)
- 2 cups of powdered sugar
- 2 cups of chocolate chips
- Parchment paper
- Add peanut butter and cannabis coconut oil into a microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave and mix till it is smooth. It should take thirty to sixty seconds.
- Gradually add powdered sugar, ½ cup at a time. Mix using a spoon until the peanut butter mixture forms a dough.
- Roll the mixture into balls, as large or small as you like. The larger the peanut butter ball, the more THC per serving.
- Put each ball on to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and refrigerate for one to two hours until they harden.
- In another microwave-safe bowl, or in a double boiler, melt the chocolate chips. Be careful not to burn if melting with a microwave. Stir frequently.
- Remove the peanut butter balls from the refrigerator. Place into the melted chocolate one at a time and roll around until completely coated. Using a spoon or a pair of tongs, place the balls back onto the parchment.
- Once all the balls are covered, refrigerate the chocolate-coated cannabis peanut butter balls for an hour.
- Once hardened, they are ready to serve. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for a week or more.
How to Make Cannabis-Infused Coconut Oil
The basis of this recipe is a batch of cannabis coconut oil. Coconut oil is a healthy vegan alternative to butter. It works well within savory dishes, like curries, but also makes a great option for many sweet treats – like peanut butter balls.
Coconut oil stores indefinitely, especially when kept in the refrigerator. At room temperature, it is a solid, but quickly warms into a liquid, oily, format, much like butter. For those that prefer a buttery flavor, there are natural butter-flavored coconut oils and refined coconut oils which have had the coconut flavor removed.
Once infused with cannabis, coconut oil is an excellent cannabis-pantry staple. Stored in the fridge, it’s a great go-to ingredient for all kinds of cannabis cooking. Make a big batch and enjoy for months to come.
A Note on Potency
This recipe serves as a rough guide to get you started. The only requirement is you’ll need enough cannabis oil to cover the cannabis in the slow cooker (or jar) completely with oil. The measurements are easily adjusted, depending on if you have more or less of any ingredient. For example, if you have less cannabis on hand, reduce the amount of coconut oil, and note that the final cannabis oil may be slightly less potent.
For those patients that vape their flower, cannabis coconut oil is an excellent solution for reusing already vaped bud (AVB). Already vaped bud infusions are low-potency and ideal for microdosing.
- 2 cups organic coconut oil
- 1/4 oz decarbed cannabis, roughly ground
- Place all ingredients into a slow cooker. If you don’t have a slow cooker, you can put inside a large glass jar. Place the jar into a water bath in a large pot on the stove. If using the jar technique, ensure it has a tightly fitting lid.
- Set the slow cooker to low (or the stove top to low), and allow it to simmer for ninety minutes.
- Turn off heat, and let the slow cooker or jar to cool down until cool to the touch.
- Using a fine-mesh sieve or cheesecloth, strain into a glass jar for storage. Discard the wasted cannabis.
- Store in a cool, dark, cupboard or in the refrigerator until ready to use. Remember to test for potency (small serving sizes) until the strength is known.
Experience the Bliss of Cannabis Peanut Butter Balls
Don’t be afraid to step into the world of cannabis edibles with these peanut, chocolate, and cannabis-infused treats. With a handful of ingredients and a little effort, you’ll have a dozen or more peanut butter balls tucked away in the refrigerator for when you need relief (or a little pick me up). Sa what do you make after you master peanut butter balls?