St Paddy’s Day Recipes to keep you healthy and spry like any good Leprechaun.
How are you going to celebrate St Patrick’s Day this year? Instead of having a green beer, why not enjoy something equally as green, and arguably more delicious? We’ve got three sweet St Paddy’s Day recipes for you to try. Whether you’re hosting a St Patrick’s Day party, or attending one, these potent baked goods are going to put smiles on everyone’s faces.
Whip up any of these treats using your favorite strain of cannabis. The beauty of making edibles yourself is that you get to choose the strain and the potency. If you think that some of the recipes below will be a little too potent for the party, feel free to cut the cannabis butter (or oil) with regular non-infused butter (or oil). It doesn’t hurt to ask the other guests what their tolerance is, too.
Why Bake for St Paddy’s Day?
Besides sticking with the green theme, edibles are a great way to pump up the party without also pumping up the alcohol consumption. Usually, when people celebrate this Irish holiday, they tend to go all out. And then they end up paying for it the next day. There is nothing quite like the excruciating pain of a green beer hangover.
Cannabis edibles are not just enjoyable, but they can also help you the next morning as you suffer through the lingering effects of a successful St Paddy’s party.
Cannabis Will Still Rescue You From Bad Choices
Nobody wants to wake up with a pounding party-related headache the next morning. But if you do, there’s an edible for that. A few nibbles of a cannabis-infused cupcake and you’ll find the intensity of your massive migraine will subside.
Feeling a little queasy the next morning after a night out? If you can get in a bite or two of your edible, you might find nausea and vomiting subsides. That way you can spend the morning relaxing, instead of on the bathroom floor.
For those of you who go all out for St. Patrick’s day, you may want to consider the pain-fighting powers of THC and CBD. For all of your mysterious party-related aches and pains, these two cannabinoids will help to reduce inflammation and muscle soreness, and target chronic pain.
So without further ado, here is a sweet selection of the greenest and luckiest St. Paddy’s Day recipes for you to try this year.
St Paddy’s Day Recipes
Lucky Cannabis Infused Cookies
Recipe adapted from The Recipe Rebel.
- 2½ cups Lucky Charms (cereal only, but don’t eat the marshmallow charms yet!)
- 1 cup cannabis butter (room temperature)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup marshmallows from Lucky Charms cereal
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ cup Lucky Charms (cereal only)
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a blender or food processor, blend 2 cups of the Lucky Charms cereal into a powder. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer, or with a handheld mixer, beat cannabis butter and sugar until light and fluffy — roughly 2-3 minutes.
- Add eggs and beat until combined.
- Add cereal powder, flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix on low speed until combined.
- Using a spoon, stir in marshmallows, white chocolate chips, and additional ½ cup remaining cereal.
- Roll into balls and place on a baking sheet 2” apart.
- Bake in preheated oven for 7-8 minutes, until mostly dry on top.
St Paddy’s Day Recipes: St Patrick’s Rice Krispies
Recipe adapted from Recipelion.
- 10 oz bag marshmallows
- 6 tbsp cannabis butter
- 6 cups Lucky Charms
- 10 pieces of green melting chocolate
- Spray a 9×13” baking dish with Pam.
- Melt cannabis butter in a large pot over low heat.
- When the butter has melted, add the marshmallows and stir constantly until melted.
- Pour the marshmallow-butter mixture over the Lucky Charms, mix gently.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared dish and press down until even.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt green chocolate until smooth in the microwave. Check every 20 seconds to avoid burning.
- Drizzle on top of Lucky Charms mixture.
- Allow to cool, then cut and serve.
St Paddy’s Day Recipes: THC-Infused Guinness Cupcakes
Adapted from Rebecca Lamb’s recipe on Allrecipes.com.
- 1 bottle or can Guinness
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup cannabis oil
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 2½ cups flour
- 2 cups white sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1½ tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, or more to taste
- 1/4 cup Irish stout beer (such as Guinness)
- ½ cup cannabis butter (room temperature)
- ½ cup cream cheese (room temperature)
- 2½ cups icing sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Line 2 x 12-cup muffin pans with paper cupcake liners.
- Whisk Guinness, milk, cannabis oil, and vanilla extract together in a large bowl until evenly blended. Beat in eggs. Mix in sour cream.
- Next, whisk together flour, sugar, cocoa powder, and baking soda in a separate bowl.
- Gradually mix the flour mixture into the beer mixture.
- Spoon cupcake batter into the prepared muffin cups.
- Bake until cupcakes set in the middle but still soft and tender, about 25 minutes.
- Cool in the tins, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely, about 1 hour.
- For the icing, whisk cocoa powder and stout beer together in a bowl. Beat in cannabis butter and cream cheese until well combined. Gradually beat in confectioners’ sugar until frosting has desired sweetness. Spread or pipe frosting onto cooled cupcakes.
- Enjoy but beware of crossfade!
Happy St Paddy’s Day! May these recipes find you happy, healthy, and green.